Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Learn From My Mistakes

Hi Isyaias,

It's been a while since I contacted you last.

...I'm not pitching anything in this email so you can
leave your credit card in your wallet.

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to keep in
touch because I really appreciate you as a subscriber.

And while I've got your attention, I may as well
share a few golden nuggets of advice.

--------

** 5 [sic] Big Mistakes You Can Learn From **

1. Not having a clear goal.

You might have heard this before...

"If you don't know where you're going, how will you
know where you get there?"

Most of us have an idea of what we want to achieve but
until you actually sit down and make really targeted
goals, you'll be wandering around aimlessly.

--------

2. Being too perfect.

Perfectionism is a big hurdle that slows progress big time!

I can be a perfectionist sometimes...but I really wish I
wasn't. Sometimes I'm stuck before I start because I'm
trying to make my idea perfect.

But some of my biggest successes have been when I got
an idea and ran with it. It wasn't perfect but it was
good enough.

----------

3. Tying to do it all by yourself.

Running your online business by yourself is a big job,
as you might already know.

I still do most of my work myself...but I should
outsource more.

When I DO outsource, it's a massive burden off my shoulders.
I really recommend it. Even if it's just small things like
getting graphics or articles written, this is where you can
really get things done.

----------

4. Not developing skills.

An online business requires you to have computer skills,
marketing skills and a whole lot more.

I found that as I learned new skills, like copywriting for
example, it helped me write better ads which helped my
business grow.

You still might be learning how to use your PC or to type..
and if that's the case, learn it well! Your computer is your
tool you use to create your business.

The more skills you can develop, the more help and service
you can provide to your customers.

Remember though, you don't have to learn how to use every
video and photo editing software..or learn php coding...
because like I mentioned above, you can outsource that.

Skills like that can be "borrowed" but skills you might want
to develop as an online business owner could be marketing,
time management and managerial skills.

---------

I hope these little pointers help you avoid some mistakes
that stop you from achieving your dreams.

I'll be in touch!

Stuart Stirling

p.s. Don't be afraid to make mistakes though...because it's
the best way to learn.

"A man's errors are his portals of discovery." - James Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment