Monday, August 23, 2010

There Is Just ONE Thing Stopping You

Hey Isyaias,

It's Michael Rasmussen and before I head
out for the weekend, I want to share with
you an email that I believe every single
person trying to make a living on the
Internet needs to read.

There are lots of product launches going on
right now in the IM world, so in this
email...I'm not going to talk about one of
those!

Instead, I think you'll find this
refreshing. In any case, you'll definitely
learn a lesson you can take away from it
that will help you in the future.

Maybe you think it's impossible that ONE
thing is stopping you.

Well, it probably is. I'll go further than
that. I think this one thing stops nearly
ALL aspiring Internet marketers dead in
their tracks.

I bet you've heard that something like
ninety-five percent of new businesses fail.
That's offline or online. There are lots of
reasons for that in the offline world, but
in the online world, it really comes down
to one thing.

No focus.

Yes, that sounds too simple, but it's not.
It's actually kind of deep when you think
about it.

Consider what you hear all the time on
marketing forums. You'll hear lots of
people say they're struggling to succeed,
and can't make anything work, and how they
feel hopeless.

Look, I get it because I've been there.

I've told you before how hopeless I felt.
It seemed like I was drowning. It was
information overload, with zero success to
show for all the hard work.

I've been there, and I bet you have too.
You might STILL be there.

Now consider what you read in sales letters
for products created by people who are now
successful.

There's a pattern.

They typically say something like this:

 "I felt hopeless. I was all over the
  place, trying everything. Nothing I did
  worked. I was on the verge of giving
  up. And then..."

You know what comes next. They figured it
out. They came across something that
worked, and now they're successful.

When most people read that, they focus on
the end of the story, when Mr. Marketer
found something that worked. What they miss
is the most important part.

They miss that the REAL reason the marketer
succeeded isn't that he finally found
something that worked. It's that he finally
focused on one thing long enough to see it
work.

That's the key. Focus wins.

I'm not saying everything will eventually
work. And I'm not saying you need to stick
with something that's obviously NOT working
and probably never will. That wouldn't be
smart.

But most people give up on something long
before they've proven it won't work. And
they probably quit when they were on the
verge of breaking through.

Here is the plan I ALWAYS recommend to
people who want to succeed in the long run:

1) Research markets until you find one full
of people currently buying like crazy. I'm
not suggesting you go into digital
photography or weight loss (they're very
competitive), but that's what I mean by
markets where people are buying like mad.

2) Make ONE simple, inexpensive offer to
target that market with. It could be a
short PDF report, or a video, or an audio
you record with Audacity or some other free
tool. Doesn't matter what it is, just make
it inexpensive. I'd say $27 or less.

3) Focus all of your efforts on driving
traffic to that ONE product until you see a
profit, or you figure out with some
confidence you probably won't ever see one.

That's the strategy.

There are other ways to profit online, like
affiliate marketing. There's nothing wrong
with those. Some might even work faster.

But if you want to succeed in the long run,
you need to learn what following that
simple plan will teach you. So start there!

Think of a simple example. Let's say you
create a small, inexpensive product in a
particular niche, maybe exercise for people
over 40 years old.

If you focus on that for a month or two,
there's no reason you can't take that
business from $0 to $500 per day. I'm not
saying it'll be easy, but all it takes is
consistent effort and not giving up.

I KNOW that works because I've done it many
times in my career in niches I initially
knew zero about.

When you do it, you'll start building some
momentum. You'll have some cash coming in,
you'll be learning what you need to learn,
and you can build on what you started
without jumping to something else "hot" that
you aren't sure will make you an income.

I know you need to pay your bills. I know
you want to leave a job you hate. I know
you're desperate to make your life better.

That's what everyone wants, and I know of
only one way to get it. You have to focus
your efforts and see things through to a
profitable place.

That's not flashy or glamorous, but it's
the truth.

You don't need to have an arsenal or
products, or a lots of expensive tools. You
can have ONE product and ONE website.

It's not "hard" to do this, but it does
take some focus. If you can develop that,
you're bound to succeed, probably sooner
than you thought.

I hope this information helps you.

All the best,

Michael Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment