Monday, March 30, 2009

You Must Take Action

Hello Isyaias

Self-made millionaires achieved this status because
they were willing to pay the price.

There is a price to pay for getting rich, just as there
is a price to pay for everything you attain in your
life.

Many chatter about being willing to pay the price, but
few will actually do so.

Isyaias if you are serious about becoming a
wealthy man or woman, you need to be prepared to pay
the considerable price tag associated with that
blissful state. It doesn't come free.

So let's talk honestly, frankly and openly about
exactly what is involved if you are to make your
fortune. You will not read what I am about to tell you
in any 'feel good' book.

To make a lot of money, you're going to have to give up
many things. Often you won't even know what the price
is when you start out. Nevertheless, you must resolve
to pay it. This is the factor which stops most people
from getting rich. They want it for nothing and are not
willing to sacrifice anything at all to get it. This is
a fantasy.

I think my strength is in smashing illusions,
fantasies, and myths. Most people sign up for a great
many of these fantasies which they believe to be 'the
truth' and this has a huge impact on their wealth
creating efforts. Often it even threatens survival.

Most people barely survive financially. Worse still,
lacking an iron-grip control on even the basics of
their lives, they mumble the incantations of success,
expecting magical results. That is, results which do
not exact a price or penalty.

Let us be brutally honest here, this is the state of
people in the United States today:

1. 2% are wealthy.

2. 5% are comfortable. They live in a decent house
with a small or zero mortgage, they drive a new car,
they take one or two holidays each year. They have
enough money for most of the things they need, but they
are not wealthy. I would describe them as being in the
high end of their comfort zone.

3. 53% are scraping along day-to-day, month to month.
They are just about paying their way, but there is
never any money left over for luxuries. Also, they live
in constant fear of the large unexpected bill, tax
demand, or medical expense. They are hanging on to the
tricky business of life by the fingernails - barely
surviving; lurching from crisis to crisis.

4. 40% are days away from drowning and are coming up
for air for the third time. Their past mistakes and
failures have created a crippling burden of debt which
they have not the slightest hope of paying back through
working at a normal job. The crushing weight of their
errors and the cumulative effect of years of laziness,
inaction and lack of discipline have created a terminal
situation. Each month they sign up again for inaction
and myopia. Each month their load becomes a little
heavier. Without urgent and immediate action, the
outcome is inevitable - total financial collapse.

As an aside, I would like you to reread the above
paragraph and notice how I place the blame for this
situation squarely on the shoulders of the person
experiencing it. This is where it belongs of course but
it is unfashionable to say so.

In a society which seeks to crush individualism and
make each one of us a worker in the state collective,
how can an individual possibly be to blame for his own
misfortune? He cannot. This would give the individual
some personal power, and that cannot be right!

No. It must be society, greedy capitalists,
manipulative industry, bad luck, his upbringing, peer
pressure, his race, lack of education, his age, lack of
opportunity, or any one of a hundred other factors all
of which are out of his control. In short, he is not to
blame, according to modern thinking.

If you doubt this, read the following and see if it has
a familiar ring:

"Yes, I admit it. I'm flat broke and I owe tens of
thousands of dollars to other people which, to be
honest, I don't have a prayer of paying back. But it's
not my fault. I was made redundant from my job and
thrown on the scrap heap at 40.

Those greedy bosses call it downsizing - but I don't
notice any downsizing in their fat wallets. Twenty
years I've worked there, and that's all the thanks I
get. I'm a heavy- motor electrical engineer, and there
just aren't that many jobs around for someone of my
abilities. I've applied for a few but they always want
younger men.

I guess losing my job made me kinda depressed and my
wife couldn't take it. She wants a divorce and the
bitch is taking me for every penny. I don't have any
savings, and the money I get from the state is a joke.
Sure I'm broke, but as you can see it's not my fault."

An aspiring millionaire never blames anything or anyone
but themself for the circumstances of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment