Saturday, February 20, 2010

Making Things Easy

Hi Isyaias!

I thought I would throw out this little tip, in case it helps you.

When you build a site, there are two basic things that happen--
indexing and then ranking.

Indexing means that Google knows you are there.

Ranking means that Google has decided how you rate as compared with
other competing web pages.

So, indexing comes before ranking.

You used to be able to take indexing for granted, but no longer.

I know folks who've built sites and for some reason they didn't get
indexed for weeks, months sometimes.

But if you're not indexed, you're not in the game, so to speak.

So, I thought I would tell you my virtually never fail, totally easy
way I get my sites indexed.

I virtually always build blogs with WordPress. When I build a new
site, I include that site in my Google Webmaster account. If you're
not using Google Webmaster tools, you probably should consider doing
so. It's a great suite of tools, and you don't have to have a
doctorate in SEO to understand them, either.

So, I list the site in my Webmaster account. Then I create an xml
sitemap using the Google sitemap plugin. Next, I list the sitemap
in my Webmaster account for the given site.

Usually, I get ranked in a day or two. More like a day.

Just thought I would throw that out. Hope it helps!

Lee
 
I-S' PS:
Just a thing: http://an.eca.sh/4u

No comments:

Post a Comment